We are the Oregon State
University Disc Golf Club, in our second official year of existence, and looking for growth and new members. This year we will be creating a regional qualifying event for the National Collegiate
Championships, fundraising for club improvement, and competing against the other Oregon schools club teams. Our coach, currently #25 in the world, is Nate Sexton and he also teaches disc golf PAC classes here at OSU!!!
As it stands now, we have 3 scheduled practices per week:
- 2 off course practices on the turf in the Truax building, T and Th @ 9:30 - 11:30
- 1 on course@ Willamette DGC practice on Saturday @ TBA (specifics of weekend practice will be announced @ Thursday practices)
- Dates TBA, we will have our Oregon collegiate matches beginning winter term.
- We host the NW Collegiate Invitational, a National Qualifier, on March 10-11 2012, in Estacada OR.
- We will have at least one specifically fundraising/awareness event each term.
-Fall term fundraiser is Saturday Nov 19th, Dad's Weekend, in front of Dixon on the IM fields.
As a club member:
- All club members are eligible to compete in every collegiate matches except for the National Qualifier (It's a team of 4).
- $20 club fee is due once per season(aka. per year) when registering, fees contribute directly to the club fund.
- Attendance requirements pertain to players competing within the club for a spot on our Nationals team.
- Attendance of at least 1 off course(truax) practice each week, and 2 on course practices each month is required (we will discuss exceptions of course).
- For those that want to attend more, please do! Each off course practice will be different. The off course practices(truax) will tend to function as skill clinics.
- We will be fundraising, and new ideas and help are expected from our members.
Merrit Truax Indoor Practice Facility (campus map)