Gearing up for Gardening
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Start your new year by getting into the mood for gardening! The annual Gearing Up for Gardening lecture series stats on January 10. Every Tuesday through February at 12:10 pm in the
Library’s Main Meeting Room there will be entertaining and informative programs to get your green thumb tingling. OSU Master Gardeners, Linn-Benton Community College Benton Center, and the
Library collaborate on this popular series with features knowledgeable local experts. Bring your lunch and a friend, and enjoy!
- Jan. 31 “From the Ground Down” How to have good soil. Jeff Cope, Accredited Organic Land Care Practitioner, Grow Green Lawn and Garden Care Co.
- Feb. 7 “Heavenly Hellebores” Learn about these winter garden gems. Ernie & Marietta O’Byrne, Northwest Garden Nursery
- Feb. 14 “SOS – Save Our Species” Learn about the threat of invasive plants, how to identify and control them. Heath
Keirstead, Benton Soil & Water Conservation District
- Feb. 21 “Not Tonight Deer” How to design plant combinations to thwart deer. Lee Powell, Landscape Architect, Garland Nursery
- Feb. 28 “There’s No Place Like Home” How to care for houseplants. Lynette Shonnard, Shonnard's Nursery
This event appears on the following calendars: